Wow! Has it really been two months since I last wrote?!? My how time flies. I also noticed I’ve recently received quite a few comments that somehow got stuck in the WordPress spam filter.
Well, since it’s the third Friday in June that can only mean one thing – the first week of summer vacation is over! Then again I’m working all summer, so I guess that doesn’t really matter. This will be the first summer I have worked the entire time without a large chunk of down time. It’s a little strange and now I really understand how much I cherished that time off – not because (contrary to popular belief) I sat on the couch all summer catching up on trash TV. I love summer vacation because it is a time to refresh, renew, and recharge my brain. Its my time of inquiry and exploration. Therefore in spite of the fact I’m working, I am determined to make this a summer of learning and I have a few items on the agenda so far:
- Area 3 Writing Project Summer Invitational
- Area 3 Writing Project LSRI Grant Work – the topic is digital writing, so stay tuned
- Reading – lots and lots of it – my summer stack is growing.
- iPad Exploration – I finally caved and my very own iPad arrived last week, so I have lots of things to discover.
- A few other items I can’t make public yet – makes you want to check back doesn’t it?
So stay tuned, you might see an interesting post or two.