It’s bright and early, the car is gassed up, and it’s mid-March – must be time for the annual CUE Conference in Palm Springs. This year I am excited to be taking two smart colleagues from Natomas Charter with me – Jeanne Feeney (@MamaFeenz) and Josh Landry (@JLandryPix). So, if you see one of us in a session or networking in Palm Springs, pop on by and say hello…or just introduce yourself on Twitter (I’m @ucdjoe). While in Palm Springs I plan on teaching a little bit, so if you came to one of my workshops feel free to check out the resoures below and let me know if you have any questions.
Thursday – March 14th
- iBooks Author with Burt Lo – 3:00pm
Friday – March 15th
- Get Slammed with Google – 11:30am
- Session Resources – There will be more during the session since it is a SLAM!
- Making Homework Meaningful with Video & Google Forms – 3:30pm
Saturday – March 16th
- Digital Writing with Digital Kids – Digital Literacy Demands of Common Core – 12pm
Bonus Sessions Links
Rather than standing around and waiting for the “bell to ring” and have the session start we discussed some great products for use in your classroom. Below are the links.
- Google Earth & Maps Digital Storytelling
- Google Story Builder
- Google Art Project
- Learn Zillion – ELA and Math Videos
- Google Hangouts & Hangouts On Air
- DIY.org – Maker Resources for Kids. Check out this video.
- National Writing Project – Find your site
- Digital Is – Inspirational stories of teachers using technology in the classroom.
- NCS Distinguished Schools Portal - Using Google Sites to eliminate the visitation team binder.